Effective, timely communication and sharing of patient health information between providers is a key component of delivering better patient care and reducing healthcare costs. Georgia Health Information Network (GaHIN) facilitates the sharing through two core service offerings, GeorgiaConnX and GeorgiaDirect, at no charge to credentialed, authorized providers.
GeorgiaConnX offers a robust integrated patient search functionality that lets providers make queries from within their EHR to quickly access patient health data from hospitals, physician practices, state health systems and more.
Benefits of GeorgiaConnX include:
- Improves care coordination by providing timely access to comprehensive patient information
- Coordinates care with one connection, eliminating costly point-to-point interfaces
- Provides connections to state and federal agencies
- Supports data exchange for organizations such as Accountable Care Organizations
GeorgiaDirect is a secure email messaging service that lets providers send and receive authenticated and encrypted patient health information over the internet to other authorized and trusted recipients, both within Georgia and nationwide.
Benefits of GeorgiaDirect include:
- Eliminates the administrative burden and costs incurred with phone calls, faxes, mail and couriering paper files
- Improves coordination of care by securely sharing patient health information such as referrals, treatment summaries and discharge instructions between providers
- Meets interoperability requirements of health information exchange of electronic summary of care records for receiving and sending patient referrals
The Georgia Medicaid Management Information System (GAMMIS) is connected to the Georgia Health Information Network (GaHIN). GaHIN’s clinical viewer within GAMMIS lets providers who service Medicaid patients search and access health information on individual patients.
For Georgia healthcare providers who may not have an electronic health record (EHR), the clinical viewer in GAMMIS offers access to patient information at the point of care using internet access. Also, it is useful for providers who may need to quickly view patient information without logging into their EHR.