Query-Based Access to Patient Data from Your EHR
Electronic health records (EHRs) can provide tremendous value to physicians and healthcare organizations, especially when they contain comprehensive patient information that extends across the patient care continuum.
GeorgiaConnX offers a robust patient search functionality where providers make queries from within their EHR to quickly access patient health data from hospitals, physician practices, state health systems and more.
Georgia Health Information Network (GaHIN) offers GeorgiaConnX to authorized, credentialed providers at no charge, facilitating the secure exchange of patient information.
How to Connect
Large health systems may connect directly to GaHIN, while physician practices are usually best served by connecting through one of the four regional HIEs or their EHR vendor. Contact us to learn more.
Benefits of GeorgiaConnX include:
- Improves care coordination with access to comprehensive patient information
- Supports care plan exchange and ADT alert notification
- Eliminates costly point-to-point interfaces with one connection
- Provides connections to public health organizations, streamlining the data exchange process
- Supports data exchange for Accountable Care Organizations and Patient Centered Medical Homes
Who participates in GeorgiaConnX?
- Five state agencies, including Georgia Medicaid
- Major health systems and hospitals throughout Georgia
- All of Georgia’s regional health information exchanges (HIEs)
- All of Georgia’s care management organizations (CMOs)
- Federal Health Systems such Veterans Health Administration & Department of Defense
- Connections to national healthcare delivery systems such as DaVita
- Connections to neighboring states and national health systems including eHealth Exchange
- Private and Public Health registries
- Georgia Partnership for Telehealth/school health clinics